This year we went to Fort Lauderdale to see our travel buddies. It was so wonderful to see everyone. Elizabeth's mommy, Susan took great care of us. We visited a water playground, Wanado City, Young Chef's Academy. We also lazed on the beach and later had a wonderful pool party and cook out at their lovely clubhouse.
At the Young Chef's Academy, they made pizzas and frosting for cupcakes. The pizza was yummy -- we are looking forward to trying it again at home.
Of course, July 25th was adoption day. We are already planning to be together next year in Rhode Island. It is so important to Margot to be there. This summer was really tough for us, with losing Granny and work was bad with the voluntary buyout and not being able to replace attorneys who have left. I thought seriously about skipping this year but didn't. It meant that much to Margot. I was so glad that I went. It will be a priority for us from now on.
Margot's special treat for Adoption Day was a MINI-VAN!! She was so thrilled even though it didn't have movies or any of the bells and whistles. I have to say, I can see why people drive them. I don't like big cars but I loved driving that mini-van.
It was also great to have mom -- Nei Nei -- there with us. She was there for Adoption Day and has been with us for every reunion. It wouldn't be the same with out her.

No comments:
Post a Comment