Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

Ok we finally made it -- to the first day of kindergarten!! Of course, we had to take some pictures on the front porch just like I did every year on the first day of school. Margot was so little. At day care, she was a big girl. Now she seems so little.
All the kiddies look so cute in their standard attire. All of their clothes were clearly new and too big on top of that. There are at least 6 pink backpacks in her class!






We saw Tina and Jeff on the way into the school and Tina asked Margot's new principal for a photo op! I also took pictures in the class room. Does this make me a stage mom? can I take pictures on Friday of her getting on the bus? This morning, Margot wanted me to know that she knew exactly where her class room is. Of course, I had nothing to worry about even though we had come into the school from the gym on the first day.
She told me that she already had a best friend. She didn't cry. She did hold onto me with one hand and work a puzzle with the other until I moved to the back of the room. I promised that I wouldn't leave until the other parents did. So I didn't. She was so solemn when I left but she didn't cry. Not one kid cried. It was great.
Tonight at the Mexican place across the street from school, one of her friends from school came over to say hi. Margot chatted and then she turned to me and said, Mom, you were right! You told me we'd see friends from school once I started. It sure is nice to be right. for now. I know that won't last too long.

Anyway, I think all of my worrying was for nothing. She's going to do just fine in kindergarten.

1 comment:

Mom 2 Four said...

Oh my gosh, it seems like yesterday we were in China and Margot was 2 years old. What a beautiful young lady she has grown into. Christe