This weekend, we had a mini reunion with two families who adopted from Zhuzhou on the same trip with me. Mira and her brother Evan who is also from China came with their parents for the weekend. Layla and her parents came over Saturday evening. It was great to see them all together. They haven't seen each other in two years but they didn't miss a beat in playing and loving on each other.
When Layla left, she said, But I am going to miss them. I just about cried. Then on Sunday afternoon, after we waved goodbye to the Goodmans, Margot turned around and said, I miss them already. I love them Mommy.
We had a great time with everyone. On Saturday morning, we visited Cheekwood for the Happily Ever After exhibit.
Saturday evening, the house was packed when Layla came to join the other Hunan honeys. I saw them at the front door and said, Layla, the girls have been waiting for you. She dashed right past me to the girls and it was as if they hadn't been apart.
On Sunday, we went to the Loveless Cafe for the famous biscuits.
Thank goodness for rain: Margot and I napped all afternoon after they left. We are so glad they came and we are already looking forward to out next chance to get together. The older the girls get, the more important it is that they have someone who was there from the beginning, who is from the same place they are from. In 10 days, we'll be in Florida to see four other families. Margot was talking about that this afternoon, about how much she wants to see the other Hunan Honeys.

No comments:
Post a Comment