Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thankful to be Margot's Mommy




Thanksgiving is the best holiday. I have so much to be grateful for -- especially now. never did I imagine that being a mommy would be so fun. maybe I focused too much on the "hard parts" when I was thinking of adopting. Now I am having the best time. This Thanksgiving was even better than last year. This year, we really are a family. We had a great time.
I took Margot's cute little Gymboree outfit with the brown jumper and the tights with the cute little brown shoes. But Margot wanted to wear her Santa Claus suit. We got it last year and it is a 2T. She is skinny enough and she wears all of her pants low rider style. But the top is a little short so sometimes she is a Vegas Santa Claus.
She wanted all of us to sit on Santa's lap! It was quite fun. We'll see if she ever sits on Santa's lap this year. She has told him that she wants a choo choo train but she has not sat on his lap. She just stood next to him (in her Halloween shirt with her hair all mussed and punch all over her face.) But to add to the magic, he gave her a coloring book. with a TRAIN on the front!!



I am grateful that I have a family to spend Thanksgiving with. I am grateful that Margot got to spend Thanksgiving with her grandparents, great grandmother and uncle. (Jen and Dean were with his family but we got to chat a bit that day!) I am grateful that Granny has gotten to know Margot and that Margot is old enough to really know her. Granny is 92 years old. Last year was rough but she is getting better. She even made a pecan pie for us. You can tell from these picture that Margot and Granny are real friends.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy Margot's photos! She is so cute and her happiness just oozes out of each picture :)