




OK Today was the most fabulous fall day. Crisp and cool and a bright blue sky. The leaves are amazing. We went for our first "hike" or "nature walk" or whatever you'd like to call it. (Last December, we went to Delicate Arch but Margot rode on her uncle's back!)
As Margot says, we hiked "up top" to the ridge line where we could see down both sides at once. We did a sort of loop with a trail and then the old roadway. As we came down the roadway, there is a hollow (or holler as some might say). Margot ran down and up and up and down again and again. Then as we came back on the trail to get to the nature center, I stopped to get my bearings. Margot says, This way, mommy. And she was right. Why was I surprised? At lunch, Margot kept talking about our "nature hike" and she would end by saying Mommy went the wrong way but I knew the right way to go!!
P.S. The great day continued . . . Margot "cooked" her first dish: 5 Cup Salad AND we went to a hayride on a farm under the most beautiful hunter's moon. Then we toasted marshmallows over a bonfire. Yummy. At home, before bed, we talked about our great day. I said, "what was your favorite part of today?" Margot made my day: "Being with mommy!"

No comments:
Post a Comment