Monday, August 28, 2006

Margot and Granny


while we were at the beach I had portraits done of Margot on the beach. I got the proofs today and I am so glad that I did. Of course, now I will likely spend the equivalent of the condo on buying deluxe wall prints!!
one of the ones I had done was a portrait that I have wanted for a long time: my grandmother, my mother, me and my daughter -- four generations. I wanted that portrait even before I knew that I would be adopting Margot. It turned out beautiful. My grandmother especially looks beautiful in it. She is 92 and hadn't been to the beach in a long time. It meant so much to me that she was there. When I was little, Granny and Papa went to the beach with us. Looking at those pictures makes me feel connected across the generations. Now MY daughter has been to the beach with my mom & dad and with my grandmother. It just feels so real and true. I feel like a real mom.
my dad had lots of fun with Margot, too. they played in the ocean even when he wanted to watch golf on tv, even when he was a little sun-burned, he still came out to play with Margot.

No comments: